Saturday, October 27, 2012

down by the river



Gave myself a photography assignment for today: moving water. I drove up highway 50 with the plan to hunker down by the river with my filters & tripod. To go slowly and "work" the shot. But, I didn't. Never used the filters or set up the tripod. Just walked about and took a couple hand held shots. Later, I stopped at Apple Hill to take some photos of apples and before I got out of the car, I put both filters (GND & polarizer) on the lens. And then to my surprise, I had an opportunity to take a close up of a praying mantis.

When I got home and looked at the photos, the close ups were bad. I had forgotten about the filters and they wrecked the shots. Here's the best of the apples:


Tomorrow I want to continue to make some moving water photos but I also want to go for a bike ride. I hope there's time to do both!

No comments:

Post a Comment